Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dooney and Burke red tote --- the reward for giving me back my lungs

So as health is my true reward - I am okay giving up this much worked for fashionable Dooney and Burke Bag - however because I had to work so hard for it, and felt at the time I had to scarafice - so shall the person who donates to win - this time I am requesting that you "give" of your time, or "give" for your health ( after three weeks of changed habit will provide bag) or a combination of both - as with the last two bags - proof of donation is required - now you can also write a cheque to a charity too. All "donations" must be "new" donations so something you do today forward.
Quiting smoking was one of the best things I have ever done, and this time I did it for me. While I have gained 15 pounds (okay give or take 5 more) , I know that I can lose that in time too.  Eight months smoke free now for me.I had a nice a nice converstation yesturday with a great wowan from the East end office ( she has fantastic eye wear) and she reminded me how big of a deal it was that I quit, and that losing weight would be easier.. I don't know if it will be easier, but let me tell ya.. I will try again when I am ready -- oh and if I do ever loose the weight and keep it off, I will buy a bag.. but  itis coming from Italy or Paris.. Enjoy the bidding today everyone. I am hoping it will move from Facebook to this blog soon, but I need to go where the audience is.. so I will send them this way.  - If you do "bid" in the comments section I will consider it when making my decision.
Live, Love, Laugh and GIVE
The Purse Junkie no more

3 comments:

maria said...

I have passed along your blog address to some of my co-workers in the hopes your effort will spread. Good luck.

Melanie said...

Mother of the worlds greatest Autistic kid : Hmmm... well I have gone through my clothes and have a full tote ready to donate. I have been working hard to lose weight and am almost 40 pounds down now so I have lots of stuff that no longer fits. I donated a potty seat to a local daycare that needed it this morning already (before even seeing this!) and will be going over to a local ... Read Morerestaurant to pick up a giant box of crayons they put aside for me every 2 weeks so I can bring them to a local autism centre non-profit. I arranged this a while ago after realizing that the crayons given to child patrons are thrown away each time!!! Then, I am setting up shop at the Elmvale Flea Market for tamantha jewellery on Sunday and will be donating a portion of the proceeds to the Achimota Centre for Children with Autism. And I will continue my commitment to weight loss and hope to be 5 more pounds lighter in 3 weeks. And I agreed to return as volunteer Chair of getinline for 2010!! Hope that's good enough! :-)
3 hours ago ·
Darling Friend from Sudbury: well, it has been a long summer of sitting on the couch and doing nothing else (except work) I am making the healthy change to resume running. In three weeks I will be able to run for 25 minutes - I know that does not seem like much but try it........
The Enviromental Chic: I've passed on your blog address to a few people so they can follow you and start bidding there :)

Melanie said...

Have put in the bids from Facebook so far today :)