Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Mom Bag

You know the bag I mean, It holds the most amazing things.I belive stay at home moms have this down to a fine art. Need a band aid, they have one. Wet wipe - they have that too. Extra anything - yup they got it.
I don't have a full time mom bag, but I do have a weekend one. The bag that comes out for outings to Ontario Place, Science Centre and any other 5 hour walk we put our minds too. (my beautiful little lady has been going on city walks since she was just 6 days old. She has long since mastered the long day out with mom and dad.) We are crazy all day outing kind of parents leave at 9am back by 6pm. I also have specific "mom" bags - the swimming bag, the beach cooler bag, the bag for the wagon,the picnic bag and the old stroller bag ( Skip hop bag loved loved loved it!).

Back to the mom bag - mine contains - individual wrapped crackers, usually a juice tetra of some kind (apple for my girl), rasins, and usually some kind of oatmeal bar. Some type of wipe, be it a cloth, a wet nap or Kleenex. Usually a polly pocket or two, some type of small gummy candy and typically tokens or bus fare for her. Sunscreen, and lip balm. Not as glamourous as some mom bags - I cannot pull out bandaids ( though today I did buy Barbie ones - so I might just shove some in) there is no ingredient list for this magical bag.. and it evolves as kids get older, however it seems to me that ,even if you ask your mom for a kleenex, or something today - you as a grown up person need - she opens up her bag and there it is.

This is not to say the dad bag does not exist - there are various versions of that one to. In my house the daddy dates (outings without mom) include a snack or two, a couple of drinks and usually his wallet to buy whatever she needs during the day!

So as my weekend has been full of mommy bag moments - I thought I would share this with you all.

have a great Labour Day !

Live,Love,Laugh and GIVE

The Purse Junkie no more

No comments: