Monday, September 21, 2009

I know the heart of this life is good

I have so many dear people in my life, and so many wonderful friends. I clearly love John Mayer, as the heading of this blog would indicate. But I do believe in the end, when all is said and done. Everyone is just trying to do the best that they can do, with the best of intentions. I know that is a very "rose coloured" glasses kind of statement. But I say it because I mean it.

In this life we often see so much of the negative of life. Everyday on the news there is some form of death, disease, crime and punishment.Even entire shows written on these topics ( one that I love is NUMB3ERS - crazy because I suck at math) So I am going to share with you the beauty that I see and hear everyday :

1. good morning mommy ( this is a favourite)

2.When I am on the streetcar on the way to work - just as I pass Riverdale pool right before the Don Jail every day I watch local senior citizens and some younger kids do what looks like a form of exercise , jumping arms moving etc.

3. Daily during my morning coffee walk and really quick run down to winners. I pass a lady everyday that appears to be someone who lives on the street. She has a beautiful smile and often says hello. She has regular visitors to her little piece of college street.(people from all walks of life)

4. Once or twice a week when I go past Regent Park on the street car, there are three seniors who have signs requesting people follow their beliefs. The beauty is not in their choice, the beauty is in the fact that these people clearly over 70 years old, stand in prayer and have such a strong belief system that they choose to peacefully show the world how much they want to help others find their faith.

I have struggled with defining beauty in how it applies to myself in life, however when I look at this world, and in small parts of this city in tiny moments of my day .. I can find the heart of life.. and it is good.

Live Love Laugh and GIVE

the purse junkie no more

Today the purse went to a dear friend, who has spent many years helping others by advocating for their rights, and raising awareness.

1 comment:

Faiza said...

Hey M,

Loved this post! Not sure if you believe in God but your blog reminded me of India Arie's song "I See God In You." I love the sentiment of this song.

Happy day,

Faiza