Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time Travel and the Toronto Clothing Show

First let me say I had a great time with my mom at the clothing show this Saturday. I also must congratulate myself for not buying a single bag --- oh this was a challenge of HUGE willpower. I was surrounded by sooooooooooo many beautiful bags. vintage, new, creative and even some very cool 1980's flashbacks (Pan AM flight bags, addias the orginal red and blue bag!) not to mention I could have walked out with 5 or six orginal coach bags, a gucci and a few Louis bags. But even though every corner turned was calling my name to buy a bag.. I did not. Instead I got the T-shrit I went to  the show to specifically get for my hubby from a great little shop Crywolf
http://www.theclothingshow.com/pictures.html you can see a picture of it here in the photo section.

This show was great fun, Seeing clothes from the early 1900's and on was a great experience. Seeing the frilly pajamas to the structured dresses of the 1950's (which I loved). It was at times like getting lost in an attic of a family member. If you are a creative dresser or you are a designer looking for inspiration in the past, it is a great place to go. I also really like listening to my mom talk about clothes she had in her closet, and the different feel of fabrics ( while old - they felt cleaner and less processed - especially the cotton)

There was also new clothing lines, goth inspired, pin up roller-girl inspired lines and much more. I think it is a show that I will return to, I think if the success of the show continues it is likely to become more "marketed" and you would see a variety of changes in presentation and content -  great event, cheap tickets and good fun!

Also this weekend, Darling friend from Sudbury is here ( This seems to balance my world a little more - coffee and pepsi mornings ) she is doing her first weekend class at Univeristy ( so these next few months I get extra visits YEAH!). So after some discussion with said friend, and taking her advice on the bag posting. All bags will now be posted for 1 week - after a full week I will make a decision.

I will attempt to post all bags on Sunday's or Mondays for bidding. giving everyone a chance to see and even ask questions - if you want.

Live, Love, Laugh and GIVE

The purse junkie no more





No comments: