Thursday, September 3, 2009

Poll results .. and the lady in red

The results are in 53% of the people polled on this site have 20 to 50 bags.. and I hope to add to their collections!

So I have a friend that I will call the lady in red, and have done a side deal with her .. but being the honest person that I am I have choosen to share the deal with you. She has commited to donating money to a food based charity for kids ( such as a breakfast program for kids) and I have commited to giving her a beautiful red wallet. I know this is a "side" deal without a bid, however I seeked her out, based on her purse. She has the matching purse to this wallet! So this week a "bonus" donation will be made.

This journey is proving to be interesting, I have been fighting the urge to buy a new bag based very likley on the fact that I am freaking out about my beautiful little lady going to BIG girl school. Like I have said she is ready I am not!. You would think that as I deal with school registration, school planning, transition and family supports everyday, I could handle this "transition" just fine. Sometimes change just sucks.. this for me means that her baby years and toddler  years are gone and the pre-school phase is fading fast.

I am so excited for her..but so afraid of all that I still have to learn about being a mom myself... words of wisdom from all the moms out there would be great.. and if like today I sniffle at stories of other children moving on in life.. hand me a kleenex - because in a week I will be loving it all and on to something else. But today, I cried at the achievement of the great staff and kids I work with and have the privledge of watching "transition" into their big boy schools.

Live Love Laugh and GIVE

The Purse Junkie no more

No comments: