Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dooney and Burke goes to the Mom of the worlds greatest Autistic Kid

Sold !
The mom of the worlds greatest Autistic kid winning bid... well I have gone through my clothes and have a full tote ready to donate. I have been working hard to lose weight and am almost 40 pounds down now so I have lots of stuff that no longer fits. I donated a potty seat to a local daycare that needed it this morning already (before even seeing this!) and will be going over to a local ...restaurant to pick up a giant box of crayons they put aside for me every 2 weeks so I can bring them to a local autism centre non-profit. I arranged this a while ago after realizing that the crayons given to child patrons are thrown away each time!!! Then, I am setting up shop at the Elmvale Flea Market for tamantha jewellery on Sunday and will be donating a portion of the proceeds to the Achimota Centre for Children with Autism. And I will continue my commitment to weight loss and hope to be 5 more pounds lighter in 3 weeks. And I agreed to return as volunteer Chair of getinline for 2010!! Hope that's good enough!
Autism is a  part of the my life and that of many of my friends, co-workers and family. If you wish to find out more informaiton please contact me at whoiam2009@live.ca , I will send you links to informaiton and supports.

As the second bag, gets wrapped up to find a new home, I feel good. Knowing that crayons will fit into little hands to colour, and that every Sunday a part of fashion accessory sales ( sparkly, pretty things)  will continue to go towards teaching kids with ASD.  All good

Emotional cost of purge ( Easy)

Next week - will it be a purse or wallet ? Who knows -- Keep yours eyes on the blog to find out when the next one will be posted.

Live, Love , Laugh and GIVE

The Purse Junkie no more

No comments: