Thursday, September 17, 2009

Changing Already

After almost a full week of school the beautiful little lady is already changing. Her language exploded ( and she was already a really good speaker) She is using many more complex phrases, turns of speech. Her intonation and cadenace have slightly changed as well, they are more appropriate to what she is saying. I cannot believe how happy she is. She loves Mr. B her current (temp) teacher very much. She proudly talks about being a helper and delivering the attendance or being a bathroom safety budy. My fears for her school experience are begining to fade. She is having the time of her life, Hubby and I both picked her up yesturday and she was soooooooo excited to tell us all about school, her friends and what she did during the day. Kind of wish I felt like that when I came home from work everyday.

I love what I do for a living, or I would not have been doing it for the past 18 years ( and that is full time, add another 6 for part time) I love the people I meet and have the privledge of knowing. However I have been  extremly busy for a while now. I am someone who carries the people I work with, with me. I think about the families when I am not at work, I am always trying to come up with a way of supporting that works better for all families. All families needs are significantly different, much like their children. Some families require intensive support others very rarely need more then a quick check in once in a blue moon. One of my challenges that I face is I believe that I must attempt to provide support equally to all families. If I do for one, I must do for all. Then in addition there is like any other job all the extra's, the assigned, the assumed and the expected ...just because. I work in a field where there are many wonderful dedicated people, who do what they do because they love the kids, or the family, or raising money for causes or just simply love to be part of the lives of those we work with.

Part of my decluttering is also going to be looking out how to gain work and life balance. For the most part that is not too hard,(I hope) but at periods of high demand I find it much more difficult. And periods of high demand have been increasing in length and frequency for sometime now.  So as I navigate that aspect of "decluttering" wish me luck. I wouldn't change what I do, but maybe it is time to explore the why, and how I do it.

 I find myself wishing for more time with my daughter and less time at work... but I then think of my mom and sister and wonder how they do and or did it all...

I guess it is time to just suck it up and get it done!

today this entry is just from me

Melanie

No comments: