Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Two bags this week - what will buy for the FOOD BANK for a bag?


This bag is up for grabs this week - feels like it was never used, this one is from Fashionable friend in Ireland - Canvas and man made leather. Great weekend shopper as well as a great purse with a jolt of colour - if you like it send me a message in the comments section about what you will give to the FOOD BANK in your area and it will be yours! Think Christmas or birthday present!

The other bag that was "bought" this week was for my uncles wife. She loved a bag in my collection so  she has donated $100 to the ongoing relief of people in her native country of the Philippines who have been hit twice in less than 10 days with massive flooding and landslide. Many dead and thousands homeless. She was also part of an additional fund-raising at her work and has arranged through another Filipina friend to transfer the money back to the charity account at MetroBank in Manila, Philippines. She is also gathering clothes to send.  - so for this effort, she "wins" the leather black coach in my collection". --- please check your local Philippines business and friends and find out what you can do if interested.

If you have bags to share and want to see them "raise" some donations to others then please feel free to let me know, put a message in the comments section. I have a few more myself of course. I also have a few other items I will be de-cluttering too!

I have moved only to posting here on the blog,and will not be posting more then a link to facebook. The bags that are not bidded on will go to a reader who will drop them off at Dress for success.

I orginally thought I would beable to get down to one bag, and one tote, not to sure about that! But I really am trying to brave my way to at most 10! LE Sport Sacs on the way.

So to recap the declutter to date

9 green bags to charity ( toys,clothes, half my linen closet) = Easy
10 Purses = Easy ( but starting to get harder!)
1 wallet = Easy
1 pair of Shades = Easy
bag of groceries for food bank ( need to do more before christmas - hence why today it is FOOD BANK bids)
Furniture pieces = EASY


De-cluttering, my mind, my closet and hopefully starting soon - my diet ~ it has been a journey so far, I would love to hear from you that are reading - drop me a line sometime - lets chat!

LIVE, love, laugh and GIVE

Life is to short to worry about keeping up with the "Jones" instead how about we DO for those who need what we have so careless thrown aside and left abandoned in our closets, cupboards, storage units etc.. This week I challenge all of you to fill one big bag for charity.. I bet if you tried really hard, you could get two full!

The purse junkie no more

No comments: