Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time to be grateful for all you have

As Thanksgiving weekend comes closer and everyone sits across from family members that are driving them crazy, had to much to drink, or your just are not kindered spirts. Please remember all those who will not have food on their tables, whose chairs beside them are empty and who would look at your crazy family and for one minute would just want to be you... today or even this minute, please reflect on the life we have been so lucky to live. If you can share that moment with someone, then do so.

Today the Fashionable Friend from Ireland will return to Ireland, and I will miss her almost immediately as those who know her know she is a fun and boisterous person who can bring colour into anyones world and does into mine. I will start saving my pennies in hopes to make it to that side of the world soon -- skating in Paris is the goal this winter but we may have to put the idea on the shelf for a while and aim for a longer trip sometime next year.

So for today, I am finishing my morning coffee break and going to get back to work, later I will walk downtown in this glorious weather to the Metro at College park and I will make my Thanksgiving Foodbank Donation.. What will you be doing?

Tell me your craziest family thanksgiving moments - remember family is how you define it! Mine would include my sister , 7 teenage girls, our daugheters and partners, and a whole wack of others -- the whole house had people in it!! I can't wait for Monday and Turkey leftovers - Hey Sis -- I am bringing new tupperware this year!

Live LOVE laugh and GIVE

The Purse Junkie no more

No comments: