Friday, October 30, 2009

Taking Time , really participating in the moment .. Even in the Big City.

I often find that we, as busy people with busy lives, sometimes forget to take a minute. To just really be present in the life of someone else, or even in our own movements throughout the day. I know that I am guilty of this. I know my dearest friends, are guilty of this.

Take for example, what I said yesturday about stopping and watching and finding something beautiful.I am happy to hear a couple of you have done this ..  a young man dancing to his own beat crossing danforth., a man connecting with his dog on their walk..  these moments made you smile.   It is in these times when we let  all those things zooming around in our heads, worries and fears just disapear. Be present in the exact moment, at that exact time. For me this has always been a moment I later treasure, because it has allowed me to connect - even remotely with the world around me, instead of just zooming through it.

Walking the streets in Paris, New York , London, Dublin or Toronto - have given me such beautiful moments like these -- so I will share some of my "moments" in time with you :

1. Paris - sitting on my julliet balcony,(eating a delicious bagette - ripping it with your teeth is such fun! and drinking a heavenly coffee -delivered to our room)  watching the woman accross Haussman Ave water her beautiful flowers - every morning our stay there.
2. Overwhelmed with the size and  beauty of New York - and looking up to see a building that has trees growing at around the 15th floor outside. Better yet, being on the Empire State building observation deck and seeing the roof top gardens that cover New York - a hidden treasure for the eyes of birds.
3. Dublin - beauty everywhere , but walking along the side streets just off of Grafton Street and seeing of all things a Guinness delivery being made to a pub - it could not have been more "Irish" of a moment. ( this made me laugh out loud aim my camera and shoot - it is in my to be" framed " pile right now)
4. London - going into Harrods Food Hall - and seeing all the beautiful treats of chocolate made into so many different art pieces. - Even if you do not eat them - please please - go and look the art created by these pastry chef's and chocolatiers are stunning!
5. Walking the streets in Mexico and seeing the most beautiful and huge white cat with one blue and one green eye, chase a little child across the street.

I could go on and on about these snap shots in my mind - and often in my photo albums now. I am blessed with a photographic memory - I take my own snapshots and file them away.

Can you tell I am a city girl? I love Citys - no matter how cold you may believe ours to be - there is always warmth to be found if you just stop and take a look.

Live, Love, Laugh .. EXPLORE

The Purse Junkie no more

In this big, bold beautiful City - this crazy busy station is stunning to look at - even when it is filled to the rafters with people! - Liverpool Station ( they also make the best meat pies in a little shop just underneath the Marks and Spencer "to go" shop)

Tell me ... where have you found beauty in other places in the world..

1 comment:

Faiza said...

I was in Stuttgart, Germany last month and wrote about my why I loved it! Check it out:
http://itsgonnabealovelyday.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-heart-stuttgart.html