Friday, October 23, 2009

Date Nights and a new fridge

Hi there, Sorry to a co-worker who asked where todays entry was.. officially on lunch break so thought I would catch up now! Seems there are a few of you who add me to your daily routine.. so thank you and I am honoured :)

Now on to date night.. yup tonight is date night, we are dropping the little lady off at Grandmas - grabbing a bit of Pizza then we have the night to ourselves - I am thinking movie and popcorn! Maybe a good long walk if the rain lets up and a good chat. My favourite thing to do with the hubby - walk and talk.. we can both walk for hours and hours so it is nice to get a chance to do it once in while, espeically when the city sky goes dark and lights turn on.. this city can be beautiful then. As little lady  gets a bit tired now without the stroller, we don't get to do it as often, though for a 4 year old she can go the distance, she can walk for over an hour without complaint.

Tomorrow the wait for the fridge, very excited.. I know little thing, but you don't know the kind of fridge I had. Here comes a nice bright white fridge.. made in this decade!! not 40 plus years old. We got a new stove a couple of years ago.. now that was good - our previous one, when a burner went you had to get it replaced by an antique part shop.. I am not kidding. Back then I just could not get rid of a perfectly working fridge ( even in my mind I knew it was better for the enviroment) As of Saturday my kitchen will have  completly updated Appliances. The things that can make me happy .. even make me laugh. Seriously what is so great about stoves and fridges???? At least I can control my urge for purchasing the fridge with the built in internet service that orders food for you.. I know a little much isn't it.

What silly things make you happy?

Live love laugh and GIVE

The purse junkie no more

3 comments:

Faiza said...

silly things that make me happy include:
- fanta orange
- no line at the dollarama
- striking up a conversation with someone pleasant on the TTC
- watching someone from a distance be kind to someone else

enjoy date night!

Anonymous said...

silly giggles from children and big kids at heart are my favourite.

Melanie said...

I believe these moments in life are the ones to truely cherish, thanks for sharing :)