Monday, October 19, 2009

Pure Bliss , and Mommy Time

Everyone loves a minute to themselves. As a mom I sometimes  feel quilty when I have a minute to myself  let alone  when I enjoy it! I know other moms sometimes feel this way.. But this is about ME! My hubby was not home at usual time, so I went to get my cell and realized that I had left it at work ( this is very silly as I do not have a LAN line) so I ran to the pay phone ten steps from my house and gave him a call. That is when he told me the news.. he and the beautiful little lady where over at her best friends house for dinner and a playdate. Within minutes I was off the phone, ran and got my purse and went down the street to the local restaurant, ordered a sinful dinner ( steak on a bun, fries and salad...YUM) and ran home to sit with a tv tray ( yes the kind you pull up in front of the coach ) and I watched TV .. an old episode of friends and currently have on ET Canada - brain candy .. yummy food ...Mommy bliss 

Little lady will come home happy , fed and exhausted. Hubby will be fed and as tonight is my TV night, he will also put her to bed. I watch House and Lie to me on Monday nights. So Tonight is my night... all about me.. No idea what to do. I think I will finish telling you about my indulgence and read my new Alex Cross book.

Just a side note before signing off - the food bank is really LOW on donations this year, something like 80 thousand people depend on it every month .. so can I challenge all of us to donate this week at least one can? Challenge you and you challenge everyone you know on facebook and twitter.. pass the message.. We need to feed Toronto families, children, men and woman.. can we do it??? One can each - a buck for beans or vegetables.. pass it on we can make a difference it only takes a small group of people to start a trend.

Live Love Laugh and GIVE

The purse junkie no more.

2 comments:

Faiza said...

Hey M!
Thanks for the reminder about the foodbank!

Melanie said...

You are very welcome! Pass it on Faiza - I may have a couple bags for Dress for success.

M