Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life is full of peaks and valleys

It has been an emotional week, one that for me was filled with hellos to dear friends and family, and final goodbyes. As I have written to all of you,  I have had this week to see to of two  my dearest friends. including the one who has brought the Kate Spade for you. I also recieved sad news of the passing of a very nice lady who I had shared a few moments in this life with and whose family is in my thoughts. Life is full of peaks and valleys, I feel like mine as of late has been a very bumpy road.

This year has been one that has been filled with those life lessons, that poems and quotes are written about. At least for me. I think in December when the dust of this year is finally settled I will look at all the changes around me and be very grateful for all that has come and gone from my life, but right now I am tired.

I am someone who often carries the saddness and worries of others (Even when they say not to worry), and the joy and excitment of others, with me. I absorb the world around me the best way I can. I don't like to miss the small details as those are the ones that I love the most. As my closets, and basement empty ( Yup, lots more has made its way to charity from my house, furniture has now gone too. ) I realizeat the de-cluttering is slowly moving me towards "de-fogging" of my brain.

I had a fantastic conversation with hubby last night, in between Scooby Doo moments and "really you must have a bath" statements. He is one of the best treasures in my life, and at times the one I forget to appreciate. He is someone who does not try to fix me, or even believes at any moment that I could possibly be broken. He just listens and waits for me to find the solutions I need to find and then walks along side of me as I do what I need to do. He makes me laugh like no other person in this world can. He also will tell me why he thinks sometimes I struggle in life. Everyone has peaks and valleys, everyone has bumps in the road.

So as I take on the last few months of this year.. not only am I decluttering my closet I am decluttering my mind! I am going to try and get rid of self depreciating comments, illusions of other peoples lives, and try with all my might to be understanding of others needs, but not take on their journeys as part of my own. Instead I will try and walk along side them the way Jay walks with me through troubled times, and let them discover what it is they are looking for. Being there waiting for the moment they need someone to listen.

Today my thoughts are with my sister, and  niece, her best friend and her daughter. May your faith help you find the peace you will seek, and the blessing of friendship you have shared for 25 years help you be there when she will need it most. Sisters are not just blood related, they are formed through mutual love, support, fun and hurtful times and experience just as you  two have shared.

Live LOVE laugh and GIVE

The purse junkie no more

No comments: