Sunday, October 25, 2009

 I must have hit a spot in my bag collection that you guys do not find interesting! Ah well, they can head off to dress for success. I think that if the next bag I post does not generate interest, I may in fact bundle them up and give them all away at once to charity. My focus is begining to shift away from bags too, I have been clearing out my closet on a regular basis, even created enough space for a closet organizer to actually fit in it! I actually now only have clothes that I love, or like alot.. or are super comfy. I don't have piles in my closet, I don't have things I am never going to fit into again ( I have one pair of jeans as goal jeans - and they are very realistic as they are the pre-quit smoking size) and since I am making a commitment to myself to get my health back, I know I will be back in them in no time.

Shopping, still has it's draw - bags not so much.. so I guess my experiment is working. I guess I am realizing finally that I don't NEED so much stuff. Don't make the mistake that I am "cured" of the shopping, but I think I am moving towards a place where finding stuff, surrounding myself by stuff, and having or wanting what others have just because - just isn't reason enough in itself to buy so much, or as a method of dealing with other issues,. I still have miles to go, but heck mass consumption cannot be stopped in 2 months. I am trying a method of "Do I LOVE it? Will I use it, do I need it? this does strangely enough makes a difference, but sometimes wanting it is enough too.

This week a house on my street went for sale and sold above asking, this house is almost the mirror image of mine.(what sucks about this is I really like the people who live there, but they are moving not to far away so hopefully we will keep in touch)  I instantly knew that if we sold our house we would do well and then we too could have a bigger house... calmer heads prevailed and we talked it out, and right now at this moment in time.. we are good where we are, we don't need the big house.. we have a good life, one filled with downtown life, family and friends.. a bigger house is not what we need right now.. Especially since we are doing really well at clearing stuff out, we are gaining more space.

Life is not about what you have.. Life is about who is in it

The purse junkie no more

No comments: