Monday, November 2, 2009

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself (George Bernard Shaw)

I have reached a plateau with my purse de-clutter. This weekend with the help of  Darling Friend From Sudbury, I did it, I sorted, I choose and I concured that last hurdle -- 15 bags went to Addiction and Mental Health Bin. I even loaded them up myself in my bundle buggy and walked the fiften minutes to the bin - and dumped the lot of them! I felt carrying the "load" that I used to subsitute dealing with life issues, was a very satifisying way to purge it all at once! Let me tell you it was.. I made it down to 15 bags ( this inclueds all my remaining coach bags, and my overnight bag).  I may in the future post one here and there, but for now, this is where I am at. Needless to say my hubby is happy!

In addition to my bag dump, my husband and I attacked the basement again - bye bye chairs no one sat in ( off to a place I can sit in when I visit), bedding we don't like and baby clothes I never knew why I kept! Bye bye also to a table, a christmas tree, and crib ( I could not donate this as it's safety date is expired)  and to a very large piece of glass from the last owners. We also said so long, to extra DVD's and Baby movies, books are all gone as well. I have a collection of the little ladies things and a some beautiful handknitted outfits to put away.. but that is it.. because I have learned life and memories are not in the things.. they are in my everyday , every moment with her.

Hello to new bedframe ( LOVE IT) , good nights sleep with proper support and feeling like the "stuff" that smothers me is fading away.. now on to the next inspiration.. Creating Me... loving the space we are in, making a life full of "clutter free living" - can I tell you how much it amazes me we had so much stuff and never used any of it?!? - crazy really - and do not think for one minute I don't have a house full of stuff that I use - I am not sitting on a floor with nothing - I have all I need - and some that can still go out! ( I know really how much can 1200 square feet hold!)

The rules I have learned to help me declutter and the ones I now follow ..( well at least the best I can)

1. Do I love it? ( if yes keep it, if no - donate, or toss depending on what it is)
2. Does someone else like it better? ( for example - a bag I liked, but didn't love went to a friend who did love it!)
3. Does it collect dust? ( if yes, toss it )
4. For Bits and Decorative pieces - Does it remind me of happiness? if yes keep it, if not toss it.
5. School Daycare ART - Keep the one I love the best , put it in a place of honour and praise the little lady ( I have her first two paintings framed)

Raise your coffee to us..
 here is to -- all the good deeds the bags have done, and will do.. Here is to all of you :)

Now the  question I have for you, are you ready to explore what comes next with me?? Are you ready to see what fun and laughter awaits.. because here it is.. I am going to start the next phase... off with the extra pounds!!  This is gonna be fun..

Live, Laugh, Love and CREATE

The Purse Junie NO MORE!

2 comments:

Faiza said...

Definitely ready to explore what comes next! Way to go Mel!

maria said...

I agree way to go and I will definitely join you for the ride :)