Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The leaves are gone and the trees are bare, waiting for snowflakes


Today on my streetcar ride in I noticed the leaves of many of the tree's are now gone. While some people do not like the way the trees look at this point - I really do.  A bare tree covered in snow is even better .. I love snow .. I am a true Canadian girl that way.. but my favourite view of snow is when it gathers on tree branches and a "snow shadow" developes around the tree.

Four years ago on November 14th my daughter was born, the weather was much like it is right now.. not to cold, sunshine bursting through the skyscrapers.. but a few weeks later.. snow covered trees.
So as we prepare for the winter ahead.. dream of your vacations in the sun if you want. I can't wait to hear the crunch of snow under my little ones feet , snow angels with grandma and my beautiful neice.  Bring it on Canada!

I am a proud Canadian, and while I have a a passion for the sights of the world.. when all is said and done, I will always be RED and WHITE. So, please remeber those that have fallen to protect what we so often take for granted.



Live Love Laugh  REMEMBER WHY

The purse junkie no more