Thursday, November 12, 2009

First step back on track

So as I mentioned I have been moving toward the healthier version of me.. so today I rejoined weight watchers on line. I need the accountability of checking in, doing the graphs reading the results...hmmm sounds oddly familiar to an old job I had.. ah yes that would be because weight watchers is based on the principles of ABA ( the study of behaviour.. really is way more then that but in a nut shell) .. must be why it works!
So .. to look at what I do know about my eating habits.. I like food, I like salty crunchy food.. makes me feel comforted, I am an emotional eater - I am also a subsitute behaviour eater -- so no smoking = weight back on that I had loss. However instead of the usual fall back to lose the weight ( going back to smoking) I am taking a new challenge, and giving myself the one to two pounds a week weight loss goal.

So promises to me.. I will not hate myself when I eat something not so good for me.. I will track what goes in my mouth ( inluding the coffee's I have routinely not counted previously).

I will not turn to food when bored.. but in the event I do .. popcorn or crunchy vegetables.

If you have never struggled with your weight .. and I don't actually know many people who would say they haven't (to thin, to fat, to anything) you know that the real reasons for weight gain involve many factors, genetics, food choices, lack of exercise etc. In the end.. it is something we either choose to control or not. Once out of control, it is much harder to pull yourself out of the vicious yo-yo cycle.. but it can be done, I have done it before, and I am now ready to do it again!

Food de-cluttering, not a new concept really. I think like with anything else their is a balance that each person needs to find. For example - I have no desire to be a mini version of myself - I just want to be a healthier version of me.. mind body and spirt..so for today I stayed within my point range.

Live Love Laugh -- EAT

The purse junkie no more