Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dancing and Fairy Wings

Today I had a breakfast date with my environmental friend, we had a yummy breakfast and a nice coffee with a chat.. great way to start the day! Just before meeting her I stopped at the dollar store for some Fairy Wings for the dress up birthday party my little lady is having on Saturday. I think I am excited more then she is.


I hope the girls have so much fun! I like this dress up thing ... such fun .. she will often put on fashion shows and twirl and dance. She is in many ways very much a fashionable girl.. 4 years old on Saturday... I know that because I like bags, and scarves and necklaces she too is doing this to mimic me, but really isn't that one of the joys of childhood. Pretending to be whatever you want to be. She has been a Knight, who saves the prince - thank you Enchanted! ( yes she has the shield the mask and the sword too) a Vet ( this is what she currently wants to be when she grows up) She often pretends to be a mommy ( who goes to work -- Love it!) she has also been a monkey, a dog and a cat, a spider princess ( yup - black and orange princess spider costume with spider crown)

I think because I really didn't find a passion for clothes and fashionable stuff unitl my late twenties - I still get joy from the whole thing -- but if I could dress up and be anything in the world .. I would put on khaki's , an indian jones hat , and pretend to be an Anthropolgist, and search the world to discover paintings, a drawings of times long ago.. what would you dress up to be???


Live, Love , Laugh and IMAGINE
The purse junkie no more

1 comment:

Faiza said...

Off the top of my head I would be selfish and say that I would want to dress up and be Beyonce for just one amazing performance.

I'd want to get over my stage fright, have crazy extensions in myhair, wear ridiculously large earrings, awfully high heels and sing and dance the night away while connecting with thousands of people through music.