Friday, November 20, 2009

Finding Happiness... it is REALLY all up to you

I was thinking about "Happiness" today and in doing so was wondering what does it truely mean to be happy. I think because so many people chase after hapiness in their lives they sometimes forget to experience it while they are smack dab in the middle of it!

Take for example the panic and fear of judgement I experienced this week with my daughter, i know that she is a great girl. I know that she can behave when she needs to.. I also know that I cannot control every moment I am not with her.. so having said all that I find happiness in my parenting moments.. like the weekend snuggles, playing princess domino's or even playing snap and go fish ( all new games she is enjoying) .. just checked in with her teacher - she is doing better.. but she still needs to work on the "NO" to her teacher. This is good - we have noticed a change at home as well, baby steps :)  I can at times focus on the bad stuff and get caught up in upset.. but I am trying REALLY Hard not to. - Lets be clear I do have to try to be in a good mood sometimes, I have to try to like my days ..

I think when you place "being" happy on a pedestal like so many people do - and it is often paired with having money, owning a house, haveing a family or stuff. You can forget that hapiness is infact a state of mind you can choose to have. ( Please note -- not talking about people who suffer from depression or anxiety related disorders here. )  Without sadness there is no happiness in  life so a balance of both is good.

Me -- when happy , sad or indifferent - like to eat -- so I am an all around emotional eater - but i do eat less when stressed, and more when content and good with the world. Backwards to most people I know!  Which brings me to my accountablity check in.. 3lbs officially lost this week ( was four but was not on the offcial weigh in day so doesn't count) staying with point range most days as adjusting to healthy eating comes into play more regularily.

So in my ramble today.. happiness is what we all seek, maybe we just have to all stop looking and realize happiness is a gift we can choose to give ourselves? 

LIVE LOVE LAUGH ... BE HAPPY

The purse junkie no more

No comments: