Thursday, August 20, 2009

So here goes....

Today i made a huge decision.. today I bought my last bag for the next year. Now to an average person this may seem strange. To me, this is huge. You see I am addicted to bags, purses and wallets.

You know those girls who buy shoes and hide them from their spouses? Well, I don't buy shoes like that.. I buy bags. Lots of them. I am not rich enough for the "it" bags. I don't own a Louis V bag, I do own at least 7 coach bags, Le Sport Sac, The Sak, Stone Mountain, 4 or 5 Liz bags, Roots and well i think you are getting the picture.

I realized a long time ago why I buy bags, it is simple they always fit. The thrill i get when I buy a new bag... well it is close to sex. Did you see confessions of a shopaholic? Well focus that attention and desire on bags and you have me!

Now, I deal with the overflow simply.. I give them away. You see I get over the "high" fairly quickly, then they end up stored in their "dust bags" until my Darling Friend Dawne comes for a visit from Sudbury and I give her all the ones she likes - so many over the years her husband think she has a problem.. well this is it... today I begin the de-cluttering of my life. And I am starting with the biggest addiction - bags. So as a huge send off - I bought one last bag today - a beautiful purple tote bag. I will have to work up to the de-cluttering of the current collection, but i WILL get there.

I am also planning to de-clutter my life in other ways.. and so today is the first day of the no shopping for purses and stuff I don't need.. wish me luck.

I am going to need it.

The Purse junkie..no more

3 comments:

Dawne said...

I have to tell you that I went to a restaurant twice in one week and on the second visit the staff said she recognized me from my last visit....the she clarified....she didn't remember me but she remembered the "Matt and Nat" that I was carrying. (and yes it was one of your's)
Good luck
d

Melanie said...

Oh, I remeber that one, it was very light pink double handled , clutch.. That was my first "Matt and Nat" .. Do you still use it? That has been yours for years now hasn't it?

Faiza said...

Good Look M!
Your discipline once you've committed to something is terrific!