Saturday, August 22, 2009

Early morning my favourite part of the day

I am sitting in my dining room, easily one of my favourite rooms in the house, as it looks onto my backyard and has a huge window. This is where I have my morning coffee and read my email, morning news and just simply enjoy the calmest part of my day. The Beautiful little lady and the hubby are fast asleep. The only sounds are me typing and the cat walking on the kitchen floor and the hum of the fridge ( need new one soon).

I think I like this time of the day so much,because it is "my time" of the day,when I do not have to do anything for anyone but myself, and I can simply ease into my day. Really it is the most de-cluttered part of my life. I have never been one to sleep in, I get that from my mom. As a little girl it would not be unusual to find the two of us sitting in the kitchen at the table together reading, her having tea or coffee and me eating peanut butter and toast. Both of us with our noses in books.

In starting this blog, I made the decision to share it with my friends and family, open my experiences in life with them.Hoping some would add insight, most would have a chuckle and others would just simply get to know me better. In talking to Maria (My Smart Environmental Friend ) about my decision to "clean up" the bag and clutter issues we also talked about looking at why we as people do this. Maria is an avid reader and has great insight into her reasons for her overwhelming book collection. She is also likely the most environmentally aware friend that I have, she knows more about the effects of stuff on the environment then I and is for the most part a much more conscientious buyer then I ( not claiming she is perfect, but she is definitely more aware - even gave me a book on it) as a side note, she has these FANTASTIC Shoes that are made from recycled materials. (Bathurst and Bloor Shop across from Honest Eds - in Toronto - great environmentally friendly products available)

Speaking of the environment - Do any of you now have ridiculous amounts of environmental bags since the new 5 cent for bags by law started? (In Toronto, all stores must charge a minimum of 5 cents for each plastic bag provided, so every store has an environmental bag) at last count I think I had 25 of these things! And I have used them to give lots of stuff away so I must have had around 35! These will now hold the contents that will head to charity - this weekend my goal is to get rid of at least 5 things I do not need or use.

So to keep you up to date on the de-cluttering: here is the list done: (With the emotional rate of purge in brackets)

So far I have - filled one Recycle bag (Glad clear plastic) full of clothes that I do not wear, that the hubby and the beautiful little lady do not wear. - destination the drop off bin in front of Sobeys. (Easy)
2 Green Garbage bags full of toys - gently used - destination the the drop off bin in front of Sobeys. (Easy)
1/2 the content of my linen closet. older but still usable towels, bedding, baby blankets and toddler bed sheets - destination the drop off bin in front of Sobeys. (Easy)

For the spunky summer intern at work - will pick a tote out of the collection for the back to school needs (as requested) = donation not only to higher education but also a donation to the food bank. (EASY)

Have heard the pitter patter of feet in the livingroom, the beautiful little lady is up, time for a morning snuggle. Then it will be turning on Skype to speak to the fashionable friend in Ireland.

The purse jukie no more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog entries in the early mornings reminds me of sitting together enjoying our coffees before everyone else wakes up! Let me know if and when you will be auctioning off and Derek bags! I'll start cleaning out my closets.
Love, Mom

Faiza said...

Miss your early morning tweets!