Friday, August 21, 2009

"The Look"

The Look. You know the one - when you nail an outfit, you have the shoes, the shirt and the BAG. Well today the purple tote got the look.I just got a passing glance. A very fashionable girl got on the Dundas Street car, looked at the bag smiled, then checked out the flip flops (failed here - remember not a shoe girl) then a brief smile at me as she then left at the next stop. I in return felt it - Yes! She approved!

Many girls will not admit to this,( for it is horribly shallow) but we all do it. For each it may be different - but we do the "look" to each other - for some it is the shoes, the hair, others the bag, even more often the whole outfit. And we.. many times unknowingly, acknowledge the individual wearing the outfit, indicating yes I approve!

For example: not uncommon in the earlier stages of friendships between females (teenager and beyond) the girl date = dress up so she likes me. You know what I mean, the decisions involved in what to wear for your first "outing" with your potential new friend. Especially with your new "Fashionable" friend, and this is different then doing the is it "sexy or not sexy enough" talk in your head for the boy date.

Take my friend Sandra she looks fantastic just wearing her yoga wear! Ah, but it is the shoes , the shirt and the BAG she pairs with them as she takes her two little boys all over place. The girl has style. When we first became friends, I would fret over putting the right outfit together, silly - especially for a confident person - Dark denim or light , with or without a scarf ? Now, I don't fret as much, but then again I now have the fashionable weekend outfits!

By the way , the purple tote looker, had a great pair of Seven for all mankind jeans on - New York Dojo, dark denim. - $198.00 Artzia - Bloor Street. I am not insane, I do not know these things all the time, just when I have purchased the same pair in the last year ( to take across the Atlantic to said very fashionable friend above) - though the love of Seven jeans is next on the declutter the life hit list.. for today.. I will appreciate the Seven jeans girl and she will have provided the "thrill" of approval for the purple tote.

The purse junkie no more

1 comment:

Faiza said...

I'm guilty of giving people "the look" depending on the book they happen to be reading!