Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Peace on Earth

With my love of snow a green Christmas would not be on my wish list.. but the weather looks very much like the snow will blow only around the GTA not directly into it!


So today I was day dreaming of winters and christmas days gone by ( my goodness is this what happens as you get older - get all mushy and dreams of days of old?--LOL )

I wanted to share some my christmas moments with you, and please write me and share yours with me.. because if we don't tell our stories who will???


- Opening my stocking with my sister and trading for Snoopy Crayons! ( 20 plus years later I got snoopy crayons again )

-Playing Jaws and opening all the presents when mom was still sleeping

- Standing out in the freezing cold somewhere in Markham I think when I was twelve or so looking at the most incredible light display someone had put on their house.

- Skating with friends at Scarborough Town over the holidays
- Eating to much food on Christmas Eve
- watching the TV fire channel and dancing with my one month old
- Every christmas the last 4 years when I see her eyes light up
- Eating too much food and making periogies homemade at Melonies house with all the ladies there
- Getting of the bus ride to sudbury and hearing where is Tara and Sydney!


My christmas joys --

The Red Sweater ( will tell you this story after christmas)
Getting the right gift for my sister -- just enough laughter and tears combination
Watching the hubby open "the gift" and seeing yup I got it right!
Spending time with family and friends
White bread (one of the only times I actually eat it) slathered in mayo covered in stuffing and turkey-- mere hours after having eaten to many veggies

SHORTBREAD BINGE



I may not write much over the next few weeks - So for all those who read - no matter what you celebrate


I wish for all of you to LIVE LOVE LAUGH and may you all find PEACE ON EARTH

Melanie

No comments: