Thursday, December 31, 2009

The goals for 2010 ..

Every year people make resolutions and every year people beat themselves up over not succeeding - many break them on January 1st. So for me this year - what are my resolutions.. none. I have goals I am going to work toward (see how making it a goal versus a resolution makes it seem like less pressure!)

It was last year that I made a goal to quit smoking in 2009 - it did not happen on Januay 01 - but a few weeks later I was smoke free - so my big goal last year -- ACHIEVED! My lungs and hubby are much happier for it, and so am I - I hopefully have added a year or two of life to myself that will allow me to see a bit more of the life of my daughter!

some of the smaller goals were achieved too - making more of a contribution to the world around me - while baby steps "our" shared goals at Purse Junkie no more made a dent in the needs of others.

re-start the weight loss journey - I will admit to stalling on this - but have made a tiny step - I have joined weight watchers - now the comitment to DO something about the weight gain from not smoking must be done!

My Five "Big" goals for me this year..

1. Get Healthy - Body, mind and spirit - how ? By letting go of the shit that dosen't work in my life, and finding a new way to approach food, exercise and feed my mind not just my stomach!
2. Find my an outlet for creativity .. I was once pretty artistic --
3. Try to be happy with the now , while working towards the goals
4. Expect happiness not perfection ( I believe positive attitudes can change the world!)
5. READ and LEARN and LISTEN

How am I going to do all of this????? I have no clue, but I hope you all will continue with me on my journey in creating me, I am hoping to get to the good juciy stuff about what makes me tick in 2010 - wouldn't that be great to do before I was 40???? I have two and a half years .... I have been told that that is when life really starts to get good  for woman and damn I want to be ready!

LIVE LOVE LAUGH AND CELEBRATE THE YOU, YOU WANT TO BE!

1 comment:

Faiza said...

love the new blog layout m! its fresh and fun. perfect reflection of you. happy 2010!