Thursday, December 3, 2009

Breaking Rules

Today I broke one of my "rules" - no track/yoga pants at work! I am sooooooo comfy right now! Having a quick coffee break to start my day is strange, but I will be busy all day!

So it is in creating the new me, that I allowed myself to do the whole Yoga pants thing - this is not unsual at my work -woman often wear black yoga pants - granted most are working with little children or supervising little children, but today I am working on finishing up all my 2009 paper work and since I didn't organize a work from home day - well Yoga pants it is. Slightly uncomfortable with the whole super casual thing!

I grew up in a house, where my mom looked great going to work everyday, she did her hair and put on a suit of some kind, make up and I seem to remember hot rollers at various times,  1980's possibly for the big hair. Back then my mom looked (to me) like Farah Fawcett with the big blonde hair, likely was late 1970's into the 1980's. Shoulder pads, double breasted suits Chanel checked style suits, the first Gucci must have "it" bag that I remember ( which quietly sits in my closet for me to gaze upon!) oh and Heels - nice shoes always ( I again apologize mom, I know how much you hate my taste in shoes, while slightly improved from Doc martin days.) There was no track pants ever to work that I remember.. but times have changed for work environments, people are much more casual  at work. For example at my workplace - well it is a one off to see someone dressed up - always nice but not many power suit days here. Lots of blouse and jean sharp dressed woman, men usually sweater and jeans or kaki's.

So did I break a huge fashion rule -- yup for some, am I comfortable - yup! Losening up - one check for me! as for the diet, still tracking and chugging along .. who in their right mind chooses the month of shortbread cookies to start a weight loss plan!!!


Enjoy a comfy day all.. tomorrow back to normal!

Live Love Laugh and be comfy
the purse junkie no more

3 comments:

Faiza said...

i didn't even notice your pants today. i thought you looked great! i was marvelling at your tortoisy hair clip.

happy day!

Melanie said...

I got that at shoppers for 5 dollars! It holds my hair well - highly suggest it!

Faiza said...

i will hunt for it today! thanks for the tip!