Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Making my bed everyday

So I read somewhere in the last little while that it is the little things that can affect your overall happiness in life -- like little accomplishments that make you feel good. Strangly one of the ones listed was - make your bed everyday - no kidding.

Now, I know many people do this -- but for some of us -- getting up, getting the little lady up getting breakfast done, making sure lunches are made, and everyone has what they need before running out the door at 7am  ( without getting up at 3am) is not easy! So I started whipping together the beds as part of my morning routine - The little ladies, and ours. I have been doing this for about three weeks - don't think anyone but me has noticed -- however I do feel like it is one less thing, my house is one less bit messy ( which in a small house is good) and it really doesn' t take all that much time. So, if you like me were a make the bed when I get home kind of person - try doing it right after you get out of it ( before you even leave your bedroom) trust me on this - it makes a difference!

Who knew these little things coould make you feel like you have accomplished something right away and for me that is a better way to start my day.

Other little things that have made me feel good - having the leftovers (extra's from dinners specifically made for this purpose) frozen and ready to go for lunches during the week - this is a huge difference for me - I collect a few days worth in the freezer and I have a week of good choice lunches - little things, make me feel like I am doing good!

What little things do you do that you can share?

Live Laugh Love

1 comment:

Faiza said...

i'm writing down at least five things that i am grateful for each day. it makes all the difference, especially on a difficult day.