Monday, February 22, 2010

Check in - 4 months since I stated goals for 2010

Hey all,

I have noticed a recent decrease in my posting - I think because my thoughts have been busy with keeping up with the little miss! Also I have been working on my five big goals for the year:

Now I wanted to check in with myself and see if I had met some of my goals:

So here there are:

1. Get healthy body, mind, and spirit  - I think I am doing pretty good here - lost 11 pounds ( was 12 - but still good) , exercising my brain a little and spirit well - still working on that one but I am right on track with this goal and proud of it!
2. Outlet for Creativity -so thanks to frequent reader and blogger Faiza - have found a new hobbie called Post crossing - which I have sent and they have recieved 3 postcards ( have also created my own postcard specifically to send - it arrived all printed and  this week from the printer!) - also I have been "picture" journalling once or twice evey couple of weeks with the little lady - we have a book that we draw together in.
3.Try to be happy with the now -- okay - this is actually been easier then I thought - the vaca helped, but I am staying relatively stress free ( could also be the Vitamin B )
4. Expect happiness and not perfection- doing better - but I do get down on myself once in awhile because I have not eaten well on one day.
5. Read ( doing this very well) and Learn - I am trying! and Listen - needs work!

So, 4 months in I am good with me and my goals - how are all of you doing?

To the walking lady - good for you 17 pounds is AMAZING and you look fantastic - Keep it up!  I am adding a new goal to the mix - was planning to nix shopping out of my life - but --- have to work up to complete no shopping - starting with all unnecessary purchases. I have actually decreased this activity HUGE in the past couple of years, a little more tweaking wouldn't hurt though.

To my darling friend in Sudbury - I am still on the shopping *decrease*and plan to enjoy our trip in April!

okay.. so how are all you doing with your goals?

Live Laugh Love

2 comments:

Faiza said...

so inspiring to read about you being the best version of yourself!

Melanie said...

Thanks Faiza -- it is a journey I am loving - my life is what I create!