Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The purse junkie no more is signing off ..

I have mentioned previously that I am turning over a new leaf -- thinking in the positive - and you know what I believe it is starting to work. I learned this week that my neighbours of the past 5.5 year are moving to their hopefully dream home ( she is a great gardner and will be enjoying a real big yard with a pool). And while I am please for them, I was upset as well. We all know I don't like change that much!! The fear of the unknown neighbours!! I am going to hope for the best -- and wait to welcome the new people. I choose to believe the people who will be moving next door in a few months - will be good solid people.

This week , I set aside a few goals for myself -- little things -- but things to help me stay on track with my goals  (see side panel)  -- so check off decrease facebook friends  from the list : really does the guy I crushed on in grade 10 really care about my life? No - he has't written or posted anything since he asked me to be his friend. Or the boy I loved when I was 18? Does he need to see the pictures of my family and me? No. The girl I use to be friends with? Again no, because if they wanted friendship - they would have involved themselves with me.

Relationships take investiment, and we choose to invest in the people who invest in us -- I have co-workers I like, I have school friends that I will catch up with once in awhile. I am choosing what and who to purge from my life - either because it is just a piece of junk in my basement or because I do not add value to someone elses life and they do not add value to mine.. Life is meant to be a celebration of love and experiences. So if you are not someone I will sit down and have a cup of tea with, and I am not that person for you.. then really does it matter if we "facebook?"

Facebook as a social networking has brought  me some joy -- one or two reconnections, and  allowed keeping in touch with a few others to become easier.  In the end, did it add value to my life? I would say.. it is just another thing to spend time on in front of a screen. But blogging - this has added to my life an outlet that I want to explore more.

So dear friends.. as I shut off my computer today.. it will be the last entry for the purse junkie no more :) It has been fun, it has been a journey of growth for me. It has been 130 entries to a virtual diary ..

something new awaits, something more creative, something real, something that lets us connect ---

My New Blog can be found at:

http://livelovelaughconnect.blogspot.com/



Live  Love Laugh

1 comment:

Faiza said...

looking forward to your new space!