Friday, March 5, 2010

Heading towards Mid Life --- how did that happen?

This year I will be 38 years old.  In two years I will be forty... How does this happen? It seems like yesturday I was 19 and the world of adulthood was just becoming a reality.. Now I am almost half way through my life ( if I am blessed to live till even my 70's)  and I am not yet freaking out -- ( but imagine I will be in a couple of years ) what have I done? What have I contributed to the world? What more can I do?

These are my questions, and yet I have so much to look back on fondly- I am not someone who will hold desperately to youth, it is not in my nature, however the white or Nordic Blonde as my hairdresser Joseph says - is starting - for the first time this year - I found a white hair! Can you believe I was just happy it was the snowy white - I can hide it well in my highlights!

I may not be a spring chicken, but by no means am I yet old ( even if I feel it once in awhile) time to plan for the next part of my life -- finally have some wisdom, some money and some true understanding of who I am -- they way I see it, the best is yet to come!

I look at the people who surround me - at work, in my life and in my home -- ages across the lifespan -- you know what I have noticed.. it is the ones just starting life, and the ones entering the last half  that I need to soak in and enjoy - their stories are the ones that can shape the middle !

Reflective, thoughtful and a little curious about what lies ahead, and what I can do to make the most of what I got now -- I can dream of the future, but what can I do today to celebrate the life I have been blessed with?

Live Love Laugh .. learning Gratitude

No comments: