Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not sweating the small stuff

Do you worry about silly things, have expectations of yourself and others that really are over the top? I some times do, and you know what.. I don't want to anymore. I have created a series of strange rules, weird things like.. I can never eat sweats ( when I do I beat myself up about it for days!! )  I must be in control of everything, and within that control there is always tons of chaos and very little happiness with myself. I seem to always be striving to be something I am not.. skinnier, richer, more like so and so. I feel a lack of contentment with the wonderful things I have. Take for example my home, instead of being pround of owning a house in a much desired neighbourhood in this city a hop and skip away from the busy downtown streets ( love my location huge!) , I talk about the fact it is small. Yet, it is a character house, filled with lots of love and neat features ( like the hatch in my room under my bed - 1904 version of a bank)  or the beautiful curved door that leads into my kitchen - your picturing an arch - nope it is curved.

Somwhere along the line, I started to become a negative speaker - not good enough, not big enough, not skinny enough, try harder, don't do this, don't do that.. seriously I finally have figured what is enough -- enough of the negative self talk in my head -- Richard Smally needs to be my friend - because I am GOOD enough,.. LOL seriously though, I have to stop sweating the small stuff.

I spent part of my weekend - ears plugged and having taken too much Benedryl, yet the people around me where laughing having fun and playing with my little girl, and me - we swam, we talked we laughed and they chilled me out when we had a melt down in the New Sudbury mall over a stuffed dog. ( one of my OH NO people will judge me moments)  I spent 10 hours in a weekend traveling to see people I love, in a beautiful place ( I really need to get pictures of the rock formations in Sudbury - The park view on the road over looking the valley beside my friends development is stunning - even without the leaves) 

So I have made a decision - no more sweating the small stuff - going to speak in positive as I once did -- and I am going to realize how lucky I am -- because any girl that comes home to a big bunch of flowers -- really doesn't have too much to complain about in life!

Live Love Laugh

Melanie

2 comments:

Faiza said...

i always think of you as someone who oozes positivity and light!

Melanie said...

thanks faiza - I sometimes have to try though!